Does your brand still live in the 80s or 90s?
Your brand is very important. It reflects your corporate image, your identity. And it gives your customers a first impression and an idea of what your business is all about. That is why it is very important to ask yourself a couple questions from time to time:
- Does your brand reflect your product?
- What do your customers think when they see your brand, when they visit your website, and when they see your business card?
- How much have your customers and potential customers changed since you launched your brand?
- Will your current brand image survive the next 5 – 10+ years?
- Are your brand and marketing tools up to date with the current market?
But wait – rebranding is not only updating and/or changing your logo. Well yes, it involves your logo, but it is much more than updating your colors and design. Successful rebranding is an important process of strategically analyzing all of the dots connecting your company and product with your current and potential customers.
It involves reconnecting with your team to rediscover the purpose of your business and/or product.
It’s evaluating where you are coming from, where you are today, and where you want to take the company over the next 5, 10, 15+ years. It involves all of your communication channels, websites, presentations, and of course your social media outreach.
The bottom line: your brand is much more than a logo, but your logo is always the first impression.
Here’s a challenge!
Ask 10 of your customers, coworkers and friends: how does your company logo make them feel and what do they think about when they see your logo?
Their responses will help you best understand if it is time for you to rebrand!
We all must change and evolve to adapt to current market trends. After all, we don’t dress as we did in the 80s! Isn’t it time to update and reinvent your brand?